The great thing about honey is that it lasts and lasts. This hearty food staple will stay fresh and delicious with little effort. Proper storage is especially important when keeping a
large honey supply. Just follow these simple honey storage tips to keep your honey's quality at its best.
Honey Storage: Tips & Tricks
- Honey keeps best when stored in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight. A pantry is usually a great location. No refrigeration is needed!
- Honey's worst enemy is moisture which can compromise its quality. So, make sure your honey containers are tightly sealed while stored!
- If left uncovered near other foods during storage, honey may absorb their smells.
- Has your honey gone cloudy? Don't worry! This is called crystallization and does not affect the quality, flavor or nutritional value of the honey!
- If your honey has crystallized you can easily dissolve the crystals by gently heating your honey in a warm pot of water.
All it takes is a little effort to make sure your honey is properly stored and you can be sure to enjoy it for years to come. That is, if it all doesn't get eaten first!